winter time


 Dear friends of piano music,

today is a special day. Last night the clocks were switched to the so-called European winter time, which means that it is dark for an hour in the evening, or rather in the afternoon. I really like this day because it's an hour longer than usual. If it were up to me, I could be given an extra hour every day - I'd have plenty of ideas about what to do with it. Although, admittedly, not all of my ideas have been implemented so far. For example the puppet theater - the Christ Child brought it to Christmas last year and it was a disaster from the start. First of all, my son knocked the sandman hand puppet over my head under the Christmas tree, it must have been a kind of skipping act, because he was just as shocked as I was by the huge bump I got. But that's not all - nobody wanted to play with me, neither children nor parents. I tried again and again, and again and again it ended up with running and screaming children bringing down the door theater and one of them getting a dent from the falling wooden struts. That thing must be bewitched. But I don't give up that easily when it comes to bringing children and culture together. I have a new idea that is definitely safer. It should be a project with and for children, with music, painting and literature. The basis is child-friendly piano pieces, one of which I am already introducing today. A piece that probably each of us played as a little piano student. I can still clearly hear my sister playing it. As a child she also had short piano lessons, later she studied the violin. I very much hope that she'll start again someday. A violinist without a violin is like a fish without water, I think. Yes, what could you do if you were given an hour every day, not just today. Everything except puppet theater. Although I haven't finally given up yet…. Greetings from Heidelberg Kerstin Bach, Minuet in G major, BWV Anh 114, Piano https://youtu.be/tgRYt7cqgjg

Comments