The sick doll


 Dear friends of piano music,

the “inner child” seems to be particularly well preserved with musicians, it is probably not for nothing that it is called “playing” the piano. This fact was brought to my mind once again when I discovered that other parents could not imagine doing puppet theater for their children. I can hardly imagine anything more beautiful, but I have when I'm not "playing" the piano. professionally and privately almost exclusively to do with children. The fate of the “sick doll” does not leave me indifferent either. Unfortunately Tchaikovsky doesn't end well, in his children's pieces this piece is followed by the “doll funeral”, then a waltz, and then, in fact, the “new doll”! At first I was a little shocked that the loss of the beloved doll was overcome so quickly. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say. But then I thought it was good that children are so resilient. And they have to be, the little ones already have a lot to take. Losses, disappointments, fears. In the schoolyard, several older boys grab a small one and throw it into a hedge. My son is also rather small and skinny, he came home twice last week with injuries from classmates. Children can be pretty cruel. One can only hope that they are resilient, can forget and are then in good spirits again. They have their games in which everything is possible, in which they can process everything.
Nevertheless, this sick doll will also play an essential role in my children's project that I am currently planning. And with me she will not be buried, in my project she will be healthy again and will lead a long and happy doll life!

Greetings from Heidelberg

Kerstin

Pyotr Tchaikovsky: The Sick Doll
https://youtu.be/IO_ZHom-3vk

Comments