2022


Dear friends of piano music,

I've been a little too lazy to write in the last few days, but it's time to turn to a very important topic in January: good resolutions. A radio report about gyms reminded me - usually, unless there's a pandemic, these studios are overcrowded in January, it's the month with the highest sales of the whole year for them - because of the good resolutions. As early as February, many find it too strenuous and time-consuming to pack their sports bag after work and toil and struggle on the equipment or on the gymnastics mats. Or whatever they do there - you guys got me, I've seen the inside of a facility like this maybe once or twice and no, I don't train there. I'm not a hamster after all.....but I deeply admire people who do sports there to become healthier, fitter, slimmer, more beautiful, out of pure reason, and without making such childish comparisons as I do with the hamster in the hamster wheel. Besides, the hamster is sure to have fun in his little wheel, all very stupid prejudices.

My good intentions: The channel should become more interactive and younger. I won't reveal more yet, because I'm in a more experimental phase.

But, more importantly, I plan to eat less sugar. And give the kids less sugar to eat. Yes, they love sweets, like all children, and when we go to the playground with the other children and mums in the afternoon, they all bring chocolate biscuits, gummy bears and all that stuff, they eat a lot of sugar, and when the mums refuse the sugar, then they scream and howl until the mommies give in and hand out the sugar again. And then a truck comes by with frozen food, the mice know that of course it also has ice cream with it, and they start screaming and the mums might think for a moment whether they should cover their ears in the face of ten children screaming shrilly, then pull out the wallet and buy the sugar. As soon as the ice cream is eaten, they are still not satisfied and try to find out which of the mommies still has gummy bears. If necessary, they lunder their mothers' backpacks. Yes, we all know that eating too much sugar in little mice leads to cavities, obesity and a weakened immune system, but it makes them happy in the short term, and the peer pressure is also immense. How am I supposed to explain to my kids that the others can eat sweets all afternoon and they're the only ones who are not allowed? And above all - who should they play with then? Oh dear, that's a problem. If you have a solution - write to me. I am thankful for every hint. Anyway, I'll eat up any candy that's left in the pantry. Then I can put my good intentions into practice and I think I'll have enough of them for the rest of the year.

Kerstin

Comments