Spring


Dear friends of piano music, 

we all believe in spring. At the moment spring has withdrawn from Heidelberg conmpletely, everything is gray and gloomy here, at least on most days. Only a few reminiscences can be discovered, like here at a very small and simple cafĂ© right next to the "Dante playground". -  a very literary name for an adventure playground. I always think of this playground with mixed feelings, because there is a very high and steep tube slide that my children have climbed on many times, only to sit high up in the tube and fear this slide for so long that a huge jam of impatient children used to form behind them. Of course they also come up the steep ladder that leads to this slide, only up, but not down again, so that I had to climb up there many times, past the laughing and scolding children, and then backwards with my child in my arms to climb down. Yes, I know it would have made more educational sense to slide together with the child to relieve it of its fear. The problem is: I'm scared of this slide myself - I could get stuck in the pipe. That happened recently to a mother on a water slide in an indoor swimming pool nearby, and it took the fire department several hours to free her. Horrible. Besides, the children probably just inherited my fear of heights, there is nothing to be done about it.

So, I didn't want to write any more essays, just a short and clever caption on the subject of spring. I didn't manage either ... I'm sorry. Still, I'm sure that winter is mainly there to make you realize how much you love spring. And after all, it's always spring somewhere in the world - that's a little comforting, isn't it? 

Many greetings from Heidelberg

Comments