piano students

Dear friends of piano music,

I would have to lie to say that this is my most talented student - but in any case it is by far the smallest and hairiest of my piano students. One of my piano professors, who was an extremely clever person, once said to me: In retrospect, you always feel sorry for your first piano students. Yes, there is definitely something to it. I was maybe 17 when I took on my first official students. One had an advertising agency and a cat that went well with the piano and carpet in color. He had an incredible amount of energy and tried so hard while practicing the piano that he almost fell off his stool. His girlfriend also had lessons with me, she wasn't terribly temperamental and she didn't pull my hair all the time, but I didn't blame the student. You shouldn't wear braids at the age of 17, that really tempts you to pull on them ...

Then of course there were children, including a pair of siblings who kept fighting in the hallway. I'm used to something like that now, but it irritated me at the time. The two didn't feel like practicing at all. I tried really hard and used a black raven with a large yellow beak, a hand puppet, to help. He was perhaps the better piano teacher of the two of us ... in any case, the two of them were enthusiastic and always shouted first: Carlos (that was the name of the funny bird) should sing and dance! When he was done with it, the usual diversionary maneuver began, which was a kind of ritual and followed the same sequence: "I can almost do the splits! Our housekeeper has glasses.  Mama baked me a cake because I wrote an A in mathematics. " The boy was the first to stop taking piano lessons - no more fights .... the girl also got her way through the mother who wanted to give the children this musical support. Years later I met the boy by chance on the street, he told me that his sister tried eight piano teachers in the same year until her mother finally gave up ...

Recently I've actually been teaching my two children the piano. In fact, it is always strongly advised not to teach one's own children, but they really want that, I can't help it. They love music, just like that, and they want to play the piano. Sometimes you are lucky in life ...... Kerstin

Comments