Magnolia


Dear friends of piano music,

this picture is not perfect. On the one hand I am a lousy photographer, on the other hand the buds of this Heidelberg magnolia tree are mostly still closed. A very dear old friend told me once that her husband had planned the magnolia tree in front of the rectory as the perfect setting for their wedding. They watched it worryingly for days, but they were really lucky and the tree was in full bloom on the day of their wedding. It's like that, every Sunday, to have a new piano piece ready for YouTube. My recordings are live and it usually takes some patience and nerves - Chopin in particular is often a little shy, it is not so easy to get him in front of the lens for the perfect snapshot. And it is not uncommon for things to go really well until a small but devilish mistake creeps in shortly before the end, if only that I am getting nervous because I drank too much coffee in the early morning for Chopin ... I wish you all a lot of patience - a flower doesn't grow faster if you pull on it! Kind regards from Heidelberg and please stay healthy! Kerstin

Comments